UK Super Rockets
- Headlamp cowl (nacelle) and if a tacho was requested it was fitted on a bracket which bolted under the top fork cap
- No rubber fork gaiters
- For 1958/1959, had either red mudguards and tank or silver mudguards, oil tank, toolbox and tank with the remainder in black (The silver sheen optional color was only available for 1958)
- The UK model had front stays fitted to the mudguard until 1960 when the deeper valanced mudguard was introduced across the range and the front stay was done away with.
- In 1960, the UK model rear mudguard (fender) was longer than US models.
USA Super Rockets
- No headlamp cowl (nacelle)and the tacho was standard (headlamp was fitted with a dual clock mounting bracket)
- Rubber fork gaiters after 1959 (gaiters added in 1959 when chrome fenders were introduced)
- In 1959, had sapphire blue and chrome tank finish and chrome fenders
- Stays on front portion of front fender (up to 1960) same as UK
- The US models also had an extension to the rear light to comply with some state regulations that the rear light lens must be the most rearmost part of a vehicle.
- In 1960, the US model rear mudguard (fender) was shorter than the UK models.
I encourage anyone with additional information about UK vs USA model differences to contact me (Email to danielboss at juno.com). I am particularly interested in documenting color differences for other years and other differences. I would also like color photos of original or "correct" UK and USA Super Rockets. Based on notations in a A10 spares list, there may be differences in UK and USA model silencers (42-2653/54 USA vs 42-2651/52 UK), tank rubbers (40-8029/30 USA vs 40-8012/13), front fenders (42-6555/3 USA vs. 42-6555 UK), top yoke (42-5036 USA vs 42-5035 UK) and bottom yoke (42-5012 USA vs 42-5086 UK), pistons (67-1552 USA vs. 67-1370 UK), fork top nuts (66-5106 USA vs 65-5331 UK). If anyone can describe these differences, please contact me. Side Note: Based on the literature I have reviewed to date, both USA and UK Super Rockets had non-valenced type fenders in 1958 and 1959 but went to valenced type fenders for the remaining years.
Return to BSA A10 Super Rocket homepage
Beeza Bill's BSA A10
BSA A10 Super Rocket
BSA A10 Sheldon's EMU
BSA at Bikelinks